- Musikgarten classes are held each week beginning June 1. There is one week in August which a substitute teacher may conduct the class at its regularly scheduled time.
- Prompt attendance is important so classes may begin and end on time. It is recommended that students and caregivers arrive 10 minutes early to park and get settled.
- There are no refunds for classes missed by the student. It may be possible to attend another section of the same class within the week.
- Please call the instructor by 8:00 am if you must miss a class. (310-591-9226, studio number)
- Because illness travels rapidly amongst children, please keep sick children at home.
Parents assist in the following ways:
- Participate by singing and modeling in a pleasant, relaxed manner.
- Invite but never force participation.
- Gently guide behavior.
- For disruptive behavior: Parent provides calming time by withdrawing with child from active participation OR by leaving classroom with child, according to parent’s assessment.
- Refrain from carrying on conversations with other adults during the class, particularly during singing.
- Silence cell phones or do not bring them into the classroom area (preferred).
- Leave individual food, drinks, and toys outside the classroom area.
Payment is automated and transactions will be made on the 2nd day of each month.
- Instructor will consider other payment arrangements by request.
- There are no refunds.
- The flat monthly fee includes once-a-week class sessions. Some months will have 4 sessions, some 5, an on holiday months, 3. It balances out.
We greatly appreciate your complements and referrals to other families in the area. Currently we are offering a $30 discount on next month's tuition for any children who enroll based upon your referral. Please feel free to invite others to visit a class session upon making arrangements with the Instructor. Visiting a class one time is free.
Musikgarten students will also be given first priority when the Voice & Piano Studio is accepting new students for private piano lessons.